- Educate the collector, consumer and retailer as to the properties and benefits of genuine, pure, natural beach sea glass.
- Maintain the value of genuine beach sea glass, through education.
- Provide a forum and knowledge base for sea glass enthusiasts to communicate with other individuals who share their passion for genuine beach sea glass.
- Publish a biannual newsletter for our retail, and artisan members as well as the community of sea glass enthusiasts.
- Sponsor sea glass festivals that will benefit both sea glass collectors, retailers, and artisans.
- Establish a standard by which to grade and appraise sea glass.
- Assist the work of protecting and restoring waterways and coastlines around the world, by mobilizing members, making donations and educating the public.
- Commercial Members agree that they will leave sea glass in its natural state and not create imitation sea glass; meaning that their pieces are not altered by acid etching, sand blasting or tumbling.